Code Generation on Steroids
The Haystack Code Generator for .NET allows developers to create Entity and Data
classes to perform all CRUD actions against a database engine such as SQL Server
or Oracle. Haystack generates classes to call stored procedures, views, even XML
files. In addition it will generate ASP.NET, WPF and Silverlight user controls and
Create Applications Quick
When you generate code your applications will get done faster! You also eliminate
a lot of testing that you have to do with hand written code.
Haystack is a template-driven code generator, meaning you can modify how the code
is generated by customizing pre-defined templates and by creating your own templates.
Get Started Quick
Haystack comes with template applications to get you started quickly and easily.
Just drop in your generated code into one of our pre-built template WPF, Silverlight
or ASP.NET applications and press F5!
XAML Screens in Seconds
Struggling to develop standard add/edit/delete XAML screens? Haystack will generate
them for you. We have pre-built templates that will get you started immediately!
The Best Data and Validation System
Our data model and validation system will generate classes that allow you to create
a Service-Oriented and N-Tier architecture quickly and easily. Right out of the
box you get all this!
- Data Transfer/Entity object (useful for WCF applications)
- Validation class (automatic generation of validation rules picked up from your
- Business logic class (a place for you to add your own custom validation rules)
- Data access class (Create, Read, Update, Delete logic)
- Manager class to bring all the above into one easy to use API
- CRUD Stored Procedure generation
- WPF Add, Edit, Delete User Controls
- Silverlight Add, Edit, Delete User Controls
- ASP.NET Add, Edit, Delete MVC and Web Form Pages
- WCF Service Layer for CRUD
- View Model Class for the UI
- Data Provider Layer to switch database engines quickly and easily
Haystack Architecture Overview
Haystack provides a unique, flexible approach to data access, validation and business
logic. Using the templates provided with Haystack, the tool creates an Entity class
(or Data Transfer class) that just represents data (no methods), a set of data access
classes that are used to populate that entity class, and a set of validation classes
used to validate the data in the Entity class prior to submitting the data to the